ASWC 2009 will be held on 6-9 December, 2009 in Shanghai, China. Co-located workshops have played important part of our conference for researchers to discuss and exchange ideas concerning focused Semantic Web topics. ASWC 2009 invites proposals for the Workshop Track for this.
- Co-located workshops must be on topics that are of interest to ASWC attendees for full day.
- The subject of workshop needs to be creative and emerging topics familiar with interactive and informal formats including industrial issues.
- More than one organizer, preferably from different institutions, bringing different perspectives to the workshop topic.
- The organizers of successful workshops will be responsible for their own reviewing process and for publicity (e.g., website).
- Workshop attendees must pay the ASWC 2009 workshop registration fee, as well as the conference registration fee.
Workshop proposals should be no more than 2 pages in length, should be in text or PDF format and should contain the following information:
- A title.
- A 200 words abstract.
- A brief discussion of why the topic is of particular interest at this time.
- A brief description of why and to whom the workshop is of interest, the workshop audience, as well as the expected number of participants.
- A brief description of the proposed workshop format, discussing the mix of events such as paper presentations, invited talks, panels, and general discussion.
- A list of (potential) members of the program committee (at least 50% have to be known and confirmed at the time of the proposal).
- An indication of whether the workshop should be considered for a half-day or full-day meeting.
- A description of past versions of the workshop, including URLs as well as submission and acceptance counts.
- The names and contact information (web page, email address) of the proposed organizing committee and short description of their relevant experience.
- Proposal due: 27 Aug 2009
- Proposals should be submitted to aswc2009workshops AT gmail.com or if you have any questions, you can send email too.
- Notification : 3 Sept 2009
- The important dates for accepted workshops will be:
- Paper Submissions: 3 Oct 2009
- Paper Notification: 15 Oct 2009
- Paper Camera-ready: 22 Oct 2009
- Workshop days: 6-7 Dec 2009
- Hong-Gee Kim, SNU, Korea
- Channy Yun, SNU, Korea
- Hyun Namgung, SNU, Korea